Julie Hieggelke of Chicago, Illinois cools down in the summer months with this absolutely fantastic Frozen Lemon-Berry Margarita Recipe. It’s slightly icy and perfect on those warm afternoons. With summer quickly approaching below you’ll find how to quickly make these refreshing treats at home to cool down.
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila, optional
- Using lime wedges, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Set aside limes for garnish. Sprinkle coarse sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- In a blender, combine the lemonade concentrate and raspberries; cover and process until blended. Press mixture through a fine sieve; discard seeds. Return raspberry mixture to blender; add the ice, strawberries, blueberries, sugar and tequila if desired. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes. Yield: 4 servings.